Canon Pixma MP990 Wireless Setup, Driver & ij.start.canon set up
In order to establish a wireless connection between the Canon Printer and other external devices, it is necessary to create the right configuration. This cannot be neglected, but first, you need to learn about the hub. It is known as an access point. The Certain access point is programmed with an automatic connection that is called WPS. It lets the compatible devices (Conon Printer) to connect into the network. By using WPS, it means that there is no need to input a password to connect your printer into the network. This is the simplest method because you only need to turn on the Wi-Fi and then select the available network connection. Therefore, please select the WPS connection if the hub that you use has this option. However, there are several requirements in order to use the WPS push button:
- First, you need to check the hub manual book. You need to know whether the hub supports the WPS button or not. If it does not, you cannot follow this push button guide.
- Check the available network that is about to be used. It has to be WPA or it could be WPA2. This protocol is available in most of the hubs in the market.
After you get information about the availability of WPA or WPA2 in your access, you can start to set the following wireless configuration:
- Turn on the Canon PIXMA TS3122 printer
- Press the Wireless button and hold it. Do not release the button until you see the indicator light gives a signal. It will blink once.
- Near the Wireless button, there is an indicator lamp. When the lamp shows blue light, you need to hold the WPS button on the access point for 2 minutes.
- After that, you will notice that the Wireless indicator lamp will keep blinking. It means that the printer is trying to find the available network nearby.
- Wait until the power and Wireless indicator lamp blink at the same time. During this process, the printer has already found the access point and it tries to establish a network connection.
- If the printer has been connected to the available network, the wireless and power indicator lamp will no longer be giving the signal. It will stop to blink.
This guide only works with hubs or router that supports WPS protocol. If you are not able to establish a wireless connection using this guide, there are several factors that prevent it. First, the type of access point. Second, the routers or hubs that you use need custom configuration before it is ready to be utilized as a WPS access point. The last factor, there is no enough signal, so the printer cannot detect or connect to the network. It is important to check the speed of the network as well. Well, if you follow the guide correctly, your Canon PIXMA TS3122 printer can be used immediately. However, it is necessary to test the printer whether is already connected or not.
By using this simple test, you can check the wireless connectivity of the printer:
- Prepare Plain Paper (Note: it could be Letter or A4 paper size)
- Turn the Canon PIXMA printer on
- Put the Plain Paper into Input Tray
- Find the Resume button and hold it
- The indicator lamp next to Resume button will blink for fifteen times
- Make sure you count it correctly and then release the Resume button
- At last, Canon PIXMA will print the network information on the inserted plain paper
- Take a paper and look for SSID. It should display the name of the used network. Make sure that it is printed correctly. canon pixma TS3122 ij setup
By performing this network confirmation print, you can double-check the wireless connection of the printer.
How to Scan Canon PIXMA MP990:
- Install MP Navigator EX software located on the disc that came with the printer. If you do not have the disc, you can obtain the software on the Canon website,
- Select Start → Programs → Canon-Utilities → MP-Navigator-EX → MP-Navigator-EX,
- Select Photos or documents,
- Open the top of the scanner & place the document u wish to scan on the glass,
- Set preferences on the screen as needed,
- Select the Scan button when ready,
- The Canon Pixma should start the scanning process. When it is finished, select Save-to-save the document ‘s’ as a (JPEG), or select Save-as (PDF) to save it in (PDF) format.
- PG-540 black.
- PG-540XL Black high-cap.
- CL-541 color.
- CL-541XL color high-cap.
- PG-540XL/CL-541XL multipack ink Cartridges.
- PG-540/CL-541 multipack ink Cartridges.
Canon Pixma MP990 driver download & Software
Information file & Operating System
|Canon MP990 XPS Driver for Windows All version (32bit/64bit)|
|Canon MP990 MP Driver for Windows All version (32bit/64bit)|
|Canon MP990 Software for Windows All version (32bit/64bit)|
|Canon MP990 IJ Network Device Setup Utility (Software) for Mac OS X (All version)|
|Canon Pixma MP990 CUPS Driver for Mac OS X (All version)|
|Canon Pixma MP990 Scanner Driver for Mac OS X (All version)|
|Canon MP990 ICA Driver for Linux (Source file)|
|Canon MP990 User Manual for Mac OS X (All version)|
|Canon MP990 User Manual for Windows All version (32bit/64bit)|
How to Install and Uninstall Your Canon Printer Drivers:
For some people, installing and uninstalling printer drivers on computers can be a headache. This article will explain the steps to install and uninstall your Canon printer drivers. Before installing the printer, there are several things that are important to be considered, such as:
- Quit all running applications
- Log in as the administrator and do not change users during the installation
A Canon PIXMA printer usually comes with a CD driver. But there are many times when you have to install a printer driver without the CD driver. In this case, you have to download the latest printer driver from Canon’s website to solve the issue.
The steps to install the printer driver are listed below:
- Verify your printer’s make and model.
- Visit Canon’s website and search for the latest printer driver and download it.
- Extract the downloaded files to a new folder.
- Connect your printer via USB cable.
- Open Control Panel, and double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- A new window will occur, then choose to Add a printer icon.
- A Windows Printer Wizard will appear, then click Next to start the wizard.
- There will be choices for installing a Local or Network printer. Choose Local printer attached to this printer, then click Next.
- A prompt for the printer driver’s location will appear. Choose the directory of your driver.
- After the installation is finished, test your printer to make sure it’s working.
As for the uninstallation, the steps are described below:
- Choose Programs or All Programs from the Start menu.
- Choose the Canon printer driver, then click Uninstall from the menu that appears.
- When the confirmation prompt occurs, choose OK or Execute.
If the printer does not occur in the Programs menu, use the following steps:
- Select the Start menu, find Devices and Printers.
- Click the printer to delete, then press Alt.
- On the File menu, click Remove device and wait until the icon is gone.
- Find any remaining icons in Printers and Faxes and click.
- Click Print server properties on the command bar, then click the Drivers tab.
- Click the Change Driver Settings button
- When the User Account Control dialog box occurs, click Yes.
- Choose the printer driver you are willing to uninstall and click Remove.
- Remove Driver and Package dialog box will be displayed, then choose to remove driver and driver package, then click OK.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
- When data collection is completed in the Remove Driver Package dialog box, click Delete.