Canon Pixma MG8220 Wireless Setup & Drivers – Manual, Software
In addition to a standard USB connection, the printer includes both Ethernet (wired) & Wi-Fi (wireless) connectivity so that you can share the printer with the other computers on the system & thus that you can set the printer off your desktop computer in a more convenient site. With the pervasiveness of Smartphones & internet-enabled apparatus the demand for printing on the move is greater than ever. The MG8220 can print directly from many mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, & Android-based apparatus. Last, the MG8220 Works with both AirPrint in Addition to Google Cloud Print.
Need to print photos on the spot with no pc? The printer includes front slots for USB drives & many memory card formats including SD, Memory Stick, xD & Compact Flash cards so you can print photos & files without a pc.
Speed & Quality
9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi firing with 1 pl produces incredible detail & quality from both your borderless photographs, crafts, business documents & internet pages
High Performance, Six Individual Ink Tank System
This 6-color ink system consists of five star inks such as a committed gray ink for professional-looking black & white & color photographs. A pigment-based black ink produces exceptionally crisp text. Plus, just replace the color ink tank that runs out
Print a borderless, 4.0 x 6.0″ photograph in approximately 20 seconds
Print Documents & Web Pages, Quick
Print files & webpages with rapid speeds of 12.5 images per minute (ipm) for black & 9.3 ipm for color
This program combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks & choose genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that can last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photograph album
This built-in technology automatically arranges your images into one of five different types – Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, & Snapshot with Night Scenery – then applies optimum picture & multi-zone vulnerability correction. So, unexposed Regions of the picture will be optimized, area by area & faces that are backlit & under-exposed will automatically be brightened with proper color cast to make sure more accurate skin tones to get gorgeous images
Auto Document Fix
Auto Document Repair delivers beautiful, easy-to-view scans by innovative image analysis & area-by-area information correction, automatically. So, your record can be darkened with pronounced advantages for sharp, sharp text that’s easy to see, & images will maintain color tone & contrast
PIXMA Cloud Link
Conveniently print images from online photo albums CANON iMAGE GATEWAY & Google Picasa as well as templates including seasonal stationary & calendars from where you are to wherever a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-in-One is, with no computer
Mobile Device Printing
Take complete advantage of Canon’s Wi-Fi connectivity to unlock, print & share with your saved images directly on the place. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, & Android apparatus
This wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office system, with linked computers sharing the energy of this flexible machine, each Having the Ability to exhibit the printer’s standing at any time
Do not feel like using a computer? Simply insert a compatible memory card into the built in card slot, or USB Drive to the USB port, pick images on the LCD screen, & print! As a result of a PictBridge link you may also print photos directly from your digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone. Additionally, you can print from the discretionary BU-30 wireless Bluetooth unit
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers
Wirelessly print photos, emails, webpages, documents & much more from compatible iPad, iPhone or iPod touch apparatus to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-In-One. There’s no software to download, no drivers to install, & no cables to connect. Just see it, tap it, & print it
Google Cloud Print
Allows users to print out of Gmail & Google Docs onto a mobile device, also from Google Chrome browser for Mac, Windows, Linux, & Chrome devices. Using Google Cloud Print, you can print out of where you are, from software you use every day. You can even share your home & work printers with anybody you choose
The Canon Pixma MG8220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One is the company’s flagship customer color inkjet multifunction (print/copy/scan), using a flagship price ($300 as of January 24, 2012). High-end perquisites include incorporated slide & film scanning, CD/DVD printing, & a six-tank ink cartridge program (CMYK plus photograph black & gray ) that produces excellent glossy photo prints. For the price, but we anticipate better than the subpar plain-paper color images it produced in tests. & unfortunately, its space-agey touch control panel leaves no room for an automatic document feeder, a feature that’s becoming common among its rivals.
When you require a purpose, the appropriate touch switches light up; otherwise, they stay dark. The system looks great & functions well, but maybe more intelligent on a printer that this pricey would be a leading camera display, which would enable space for an automatic document feeder to get the letter/A4 scanner. Among the Pixma MG8220’s main rivals, the Epson Artisan 837, has an ADF.
Aside from the lack of an ADF, the Pixma MG8220’s paper- & media-handling features are top-notch. The bottom cassette holds 150 sheets, as does the back vertical feed, which also functions to eliminate the sharp turn for heavy photo paper. A tray for printing specially coated CDs & DVDs is included; the tray feeds manually into a slot above the output . The MFP also comes with a 35mm film & slide adapter, which is located on the opposite side of this removable backing onto the inside of the scanner lid. In addition, the Pixma MG8220 has front slots for SD & Memory Stick cards, as well as a USB/PictBridge port.
Canon provides all the necessary software for neighborhood photo printing & scanning, plus all of the latest Internet & wireless functionality, including the capability to print & scan out of mobile devices through Canon’s Easy PhotoPrint app. Setup, though laden with dialog boxes, is easy through any supported interface (USB, ethernet, Wi-Fi). The software fully supports scanning in the printer’s control panel to PCs & Macs.
The Pixma MG8220 is fast to get a photo printer, processing pages at 7.9 pages per minute on the PC & also 8.2 ppm on the Mac in our evaluations. Half-page photographs printed at about 3 ppm to plain paper & two ppm to glossy paper. Full-page photos printed on the Mac took about 2 minutes. Full-page copies took approximately 15 seconds, & scans were likewise fast.
Ink prices for the Pixma MG8220 are a bit on the pricey side for photos, & downright unfriendly for text. The printer utilizes the 14 CLI-226 capsules for the five photo colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, photo black, & grey ) & the $16 PGI-225 cartridge for black text.
Since this is a photo printer, we will gloss over the fact that the black cartridge lasts for only 311 pages–a costly 5.1 cents per page. The color cartridges differ in returns, together with the three major CMY cartridges lasting around 450 pages, along with the photo black & gray lasting quite a bit more. Sparing you the math, four-color pages price about 14.2 cents, & 4-by-6-inch photos cost 23 cents. Put comparatively, text documents are expensive, while graphics & photos are average in price.
The Pixma MG8220’s output signal is exceptional–with an exception. As with other Canon printers, plain-paper images turn out comically orange–faces of all races look as though they were spray-tanned. Other than that, even draft text seems great, & in fine mode, text is almost laser-like. Photos on glossy paper are exceptional, appearing warm & finely detailed.
It is pricey & it lacks an ADF, but the Canon Pixma MG8220 will deliver the photo prints you’re searching for & take care of other artistic chores such as scanning & creating CD labels to boot. If your budget is a little tight, consider the lower-priced & ADF-equipped HP Photosmart 7510.
- First, you need to check the hub manual book. You need to know whether the hub supports WPS button or not. If it does not, you cannot follow this push button guide.
- Check the available network that is about to be used. It has to be WPA or it could be WPA2. This protocol is available in most of the hubs in the market.
- Turn on the Canon PIXMA printer
- Press the Wireless button and hold it. Do not release the button until you see the indicator light gives a signal. It will blink once.
- Near the Wireless button, there is an indicator lamp. When the lamp shows blue light, you need to hold the WPS button on the access point for 2 minutes.
- After that, you will notice that the Wireless indicator lamp will keep blinking. It means that the printer is trying to find the available network nearby.
- Wait until the power and Wireless indicator lamp blink at the same time. During this process, the printer has already found the access point and it tries to establish network connection.
- If the printer has been connected to the available network, the wireless and power indicator lamp will no longer giving signal. It will stop to blink.
- Prepare Plain Paper (Note: it could be Letter or A4 paper size)
- Turn the Canon PIXMA printer on
- Put the Plain Paper into Input Tray
- Find the Resume button and hold it
- The indicator lamp next to Resume button will blink for fifteen times
- Make sure you count it correctly and then release the Resume button
- At last, Canon PIXMA will print the network information on the inserted plain paper
- Take paper and look for SSID. It should display the name of the used network. Make sure that it is printed correctly. canon Pixma MG8220 ij setup
How to Scan Canon Pixma MG8220:
- Install MP Navigator EX soft-ware located on the disc that came with the printer. If’you do not have thedisc, you can obtain the soft-ware on the Canon web-site,
- Select Start → Programs → Canon-Utilities → MP-Navigator-EX → MP-Navigator-EX,
- Select Photos orDocuments,
- Open the top of the scanner & place the document u wish to scan on the glass,
- Set preferences on the screen as needed,
- Select the Scan button when ready,
- The Canon Pixma should start the scanning process. When it is finished, select Save-to-save the document ‘s’ as a (JPEG), or select Save-as (PDF) to save it in (PDF) format.
Canon MG8220 Ink Cartridges:
- PG-540 black.
- PG-540XL Black high-cap.
- CL-541 color.
- CL-541XL color high-cap.
- PG-540XL/CL-541XL multipack ink Cartridges.
- PG-540/CL-541 multipack ink Cartridges.
Canon Pixma MG8220 Mini Master Setup [Windows 10-10 x64 bit-8.1-8.1 x64 bit/8/8 x64 bit/7/7 x64 bit/Vista/Vista x64 bit/XP/XP x64 bit]
Canon Pixma MG8220 MP Driver [Windows 10/10 x64 bit/8.1/8.1 x64 bit/8/8 x64 bit/7/7 x64 bit/Vista/Vista x64 bit/XP/XP x64 bit]
Canon Pixma MG8220 Software [Windows 10/10 x64 bit/8.1/8.1 x64 bit/8/8 x64 bit/7/7 x64 bit/Vista/Vista x64 bit/XP/XP x64 bit]
Canon Pixma MG8220 ICA Driver [Mac Os X]
Canon Pixma MG8220 CUPS Driver [Mac Os X]
Canon Pixma MG8220 IJ Network Tool – Software[Mac Os X]
Canon Pixma MG8220 User Manual [Mac Os X]
Canon Pixma MG8220 User Manual [Windows]
- Quit all running applications
- Log in as the administrator and do not change users during the installation
- Verify your printer’s make and model.
- Visit Canon’s website and search for the latest printer driver and download it.
- Extract the downloaded files to a new folder.
- Connect your printer via USB cable.
- Open Control Panel, and double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- A new window will occur, then choose to Add a printer icon.
- A Windows Printer Wizard will appear, then click Next to start the wizard.
- There will be choices of installing a Local or Network printer. Choose Local printer attached to this printer, then click Next.
- A prompt for printer driver’s location will appear. Choose the directory of your driver.
- After the installation is finished, test your printer to make sure it’s working.
- Choose Programs or All Programs from the Start menu.
- Choose the Canon printer driver, then click Uninstall from the menu that appears.
- When the confirmation prompt occurs, choose OK or Execute.
- Select the Start menu, find Devices and Printers.
- Click the printer to delete, then press Alt.
- On the File menu, click Remove device and wait until the icon is gone.
- Find any remaining icons in Printers and Faxes and click.
- Click Print server properties on the command bar, then click the Drivers tab.
- Click the Change Driver Settings button
- When the User Account Control dialog box occur, click Yes.
- Choose the printer driver you are willing to uninstall and click remove.
- Remove Driver and Package dialog box will be displayed, then choose remove driver and driver package, then click OK.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
- When data collection is completed in the Remove Driver Package dialog box, click Delete.