Canon Pixma iP8720 Wireless Setup & Drivers – Manual, Software
The Canon Pixma iP8720 is a normal inkjet printer. This printer is an extensive format design that could print on 13×19 paper, providing you the capability to make massive photos or spreadsheets. The power of the primary paper tray is 150 sheets, a more normal size. The printer may print straight on inkjet-printable CDs and DVDs. The printer doesn’t have any display screen. It’s possible to link directly to a PC using a USB cable, or to a network router wirelessly using WiFi. When setup for use, the Canon Pixma iP8720 asks a distance that measures 13.2 inches higher with 23.1 inches broad by 29.6 inches deep.
Features and layout
Apart from a few textured top panels along with three buttons (electricity, resume/cancel, Wi-Fi/WPA), the iP8720 is a big, shiny black printer that is nondescript. Once it shares layout characteristics and namesake because its Pixma Pro large brothers, the iP8720 is aimed especially toward the house market (Canon categorizes this system as a”crafting printer,” though we guess designers on a budget will probably find some use from it); it is even lighter than the professional versions, but thicker than many sub-$100 inkjet versions.
To connect with the printer, you are able to use either USB or Wi-Fi, and that’s the way many home users connect their devices nowadays. What is missing is a leading PictBridge-compatible USB interface, despite being a picture printer. But should you’ve got one of those newer Canon cameras, then you may use a direct link on Wi-Fi; ditto for wireless printing from iOS or Android smart devices.
Front panel folds down to expose the paper output tray, in addition to a straight-through route for the added CD/DVD print tray. A back panel lifts to expose the paper , which includes a capacity of 120 sheets of paper or 20 sheets of thicker photographic media. A leading panel lifts available to expose the printhead.
Along with this standard cyan, magenta, yellow, and black, Canon adds picture gray and black. These extra colors provide a bigger gamut and much more detail in shaded locations, in addition to producing finer monochrome prints.
When speaking about a photo printer, ink cartridge yields are basically meaningless. There are criteria that printer manufacturers must fulfill, but the true yield dependent on the pictures that you print is not possible to imagine. For general ink return (not photographs ), Canon lists the typical size capsules as distributing approximately 1,100 pages to your black cartridge and approximately 310 pages for all the color cartridges. A greater capacity cartridge can be obtained, with estimated returns of 4,400 pages to the black cartridge and 670 pages for color cartridges. Much like yield quotes, your mileage will vary.
What is in the box
Included in the box are the printer, a poster-sized setup manual, power cable, CD with drivers and software, and also a special tray that is needed if you would like to print on printable CD or DVDs.
Included on the disk is Canon’s My Image Garden, that includes a wonderful group of crafts-oriented features for printing items including greeting cards, in addition to software required to print on optical disks.
Setup and functionality
Setup is easy and straightforward. Load the six ink cartridges, wait a few minutes for the printer to prime, and then set up the software (it’s possible to install only the drivers, if you do not require the software). We utilized a USB link during our evaluations, but we generally don’t have any problems connecting Canon’s printers through Wi-Fi. Actually, for those who get a wireless router which supports Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), then it is simple to set up the printer on a system by pressing the above Wi-Fi/WPA button on the front.
Considering Canon promotes the Pixma iP8720 for a photo printer, we’re amazed by its own capacities in printing. In the typical print quality setting (the driver also supplies configurations for Company Document, Paper Saving, Photo Printing, and Envelope), we attained a print speed of 13.3 pages per minute (ppm) using our Word document evaluation (which comprises mostly black text plus a little color emblem ).
Concerning picture quality, we’re really delighted with everything the iP8720 managed to produce. On papers, outcomes were exceptional, with our only criticism being marginally dark skin tones which were only noticeable when comparing the outcome signal with our mention prints.
For the most part, we would not think about the Pixma iP8720 as a”prosumer” printer such as the Pixma Pro-series versions, which are acceptable for the serious photographer and graphic designer. At precisely the exact same time, it will have lots of the features of much more expensive printers, such as a six-color ink program, 13 x 19 print capability, and really excellent print quality when using photo excellent paper.
It produces nice-looking company and school-type reports on great excellent office paper, and does so with decent speed. In our heads, making the Pixma iP8720 a fantastic candidate should you want a printer for home, crafts, school, and large-format pictures.
The Pixma iP8720 is more costly than your normal home printer, but it’s also more competent, and worth the additional expense.
Furthermore, using 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity, a lot more wireless printing options are available.
For paper managing the iP8720 uses a 150-sheet automatic feeder. This lets it print 14.5 black ipm and 10.4 color ipm without fear of refilling the printer. Additionally, this printer includes a 6-color ink setup, such as grey, which allows excellent tonalities and color reproduction to your own images.
It’s possible to print directly on CD, DVD, and Blu-ray disks with the usage of the disk tray. Other features include automatic power off and on for power management once the printer isn’t in use in addition to compatibility with an PIXMA Printing Solutions smartphone program.
- Six-color ink setup involves grey ink for greater tonality in black & white pictures in Addition to a pigment black for crisp text
- ChromaLife100+ program functions with genuine Canon inks and photo papers to make prints using an archival album existence of 300 Decades
- Full HD Movie Print enables you to print pictures from HD videos recorded with pick
- My Image Garden provides photo editing and organization, such as filters, a calendar, design options, and much more
- CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM provides access to photographs, templates, and additional content to be used on your projects
- Quiet mode Permits You to work without bothering those around you
- Wi-Fi connectivity Permits You to print out of any Wi-Fi enabled computer from the system
- First, you need to check the hub manual book. You need to know whether the hub supports WPS button or not. If it does not, you cannot follow this push button guide.
- Check the available network that is about to be used. It has to be WPA or it could be WPA2. This protocol is available in most of the hubs in the market.
- Turn on the Canon PIXMA printer
- Press the Wireless button and hold it. Do not release the button until you see the indicator light gives a signal. It will blink once.
- Near the Wireless button, there is an indicator lamp. When the lamp shows blue light, you need to hold the WPS button on the access point for 2 minutes.
- After that, you will notice that the Wireless indicator lamp will keep blinking. It means that the printer is trying to find the available network nearby.
- Wait until the power and Wireless indicator lamp blink at the same time. During this process, the printer has already found the access point and it tries to establish network connection.
- If the printer has been connected to the available network, the wireless and power indicator lamp will no longer giving signal. It will stop to blink.
- Prepare Plain Paper (Note: it could be Letter or A4 paper size)
- Turn the Canon PIXMA printer on
- Put the Plain Paper into Input Tray
- Find the Resume button and hold it
- The indicator lamp next to Resume button will blink for fifteen times
- Make sure you count it correctly and then release the Resume button
- At last, Canon PIXMA will print the network information on the inserted plain paper
- Take paper and look for SSID. It should display the name of the used network. Make sure that it is printed correctly. canon Pixma iP8720 ij setup
How to Scan Canon Pixma iP8720:
- Install MP Navigator EX soft-ware located on the disc that came with the printer. If’you do not have thedisc, you can obtain the soft-ware on the Canon web-site,
- Select Start → Programs → Canon-Utilities → MP-Navigator-EX → MP-Navigator-EX,
- Select Photos orDocuments,
- Open the top of the scanner & place the document u wish to scan on the glass,
- Set preferences on the screen as needed,
- Select the Scan button when ready,
- The Canon Pixma should start the scanning process. When it is finished, select Save-to-save the document ‘s’ as a (JPEG), or select Save-as (PDF) to save it in (PDF) format.
Canon TS6220 Ink Cartridges:
- PG-540 black.
- PG-540XL Black high-cap.
- CL-541 color.
- CL-541XL color high-cap.
- PG-540XL/CL-541XL multipack ink Cartridges.
- PG-540/CL-541 multipack ink Cartridges.
Canon Pixma iP8720 Full Driver & Software Package [Windows 10-10 x64 bit-8.1-8.1 x64 bit/8/8 x64 bit/7/7 x64 bit/Vista/Vista x64 bit/XP/XP x64 bit]
Canon Pixma iP8720 Printer Driver [Windows 10/10 x64 bit/8.1/8.1 x64 bit/8/8 x64 bit/7/7 x64 bit/Vista/Vista x64 bit/XP/XP x64 bit]
Canon Pixma iP8720 Software [Windows 10/10 x64 bit/8.1/8.1 x64 bit/8/8 x64 bit/7/7 x64 bit/Vista/Vista x64 bit/XP/XP x64 bit]
Canon Pixma iP8720 Canon IJ Network Tool – Software [Mac Os X]
Canon Pixma iP8720 CUPS Driver [Mac Os X]
Canon Pixma iP8720 Full Driver & Software Package [Mac Os X]
Canon Pixma iP8720 User Manual [Mac Os X]
Canon Pixma iP8720 User Manual [Windows]
- Quit all running applications
- Log in as the administrator and do not change users during the installation
- Verify your printer’s make and model.
- Visit Canon’s website and search for the latest printer driver and download it.
- Extract the downloaded files to a new folder.
- Connect your printer via USB cable.
- Open Control Panel, and double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- A new window will occur, then choose to Add a printer icon.
- A Windows Printer Wizard will appear, then click Next to start the wizard.
- There will be choices of installing a Local or Network printer. Choose Local printer attached to this printer, then click Next.
- A prompt for printer driver’s location will appear. Choose the directory of your driver.
- After the installation is finished, test your printer to make sure it’s working.
- Choose Programs or All Programs from the Start menu.
- Choose the Canon printer driver, then click Uninstall from the menu that appears.
- When the confirmation prompt occurs, choose OK or Execute.
- Select the Start menu, find Devices and Printers.
- Click the printer to delete, then press Alt.
- On the File menu, click Remove device and wait until the icon is gone.
- Find any remaining icons in Printers and Faxes and click.
- Click Print server properties on the command bar, then click the Drivers tab.
- Click the Change Driver Settings button
- When the User Account Control dialog box occur, click Yes.
- Choose the printer driver you are willing to uninstall and click remove.
- Remove Driver and Package dialog box will be displayed, then choose remove driver and driver package, then click OK.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
- When data collection is completed in the Remove Driver Package dialog box, click Delete.